Saturday, January 7, 2012

Using Epiphany [the concept] as a segue

I’m going to talk about the books, interspersed over a series of upcoming posts, that I most enjoyed in the past year or so of reading.

I’ll be posting about books in three categories, here.  Possibly get to four.

Why is that?

Well, I have done extensive reading in Christian romance for my own study of that genre.

BUT, it turns out, that while I would recommend certain of those over others, the three books I would most recommend from my reading of the past year do not fall in that category.

I’ll recommend one Christian fiction that is not a romance, a set of contemporary romances that are serialized, and an older secular book that is neither a romance nor Christian-oriented.

So, if and when I get to it, Christian romance is actually that “fourth” category.

Of all the works I’ve read this past year, if I had only one to choose to recommend to someone, and it is precisely because of the epiphany of the book . . .

The number one Christian book I would recommend is The Cross Gardener.  Not sure of the author and the book is not handy, but I believe the author's name is Jason Wright.

I have to admit the author managed the epiphany very deftly.  I read it and thought “should have seen THAT coming.”  But I didn’t, yet it seemed very natural both that I didn’t and should have.

Especially if you know any one who is in a grief situation, The Cross Gardener stands out in my rankings as 2011 pick of the year for Christian fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment