Sunday, January 8, 2012

One author, two books . . .

So, this post entry on my most enjoyable reads for the past year or so will deal with two related books by the same author.

While my own focus is on Christian romance, which minimizes the intimate interactions of the characters in comparison to secular romance, I do look at some secular romance from time to time . . . especially the mixed genres.

And as with the other books I chose to mention here as my “best reads,” what I most enjoy seems to revolve around the deft handling by the author of the character’s [and reader’s] epiphany or personal revelation in the book.

An author who has demonstrated that she is becoming a master at this is Jana DeLeon, and after the first two books I mentioned as my “most enjoyable” reads for about the past year, her related books “The Secret of Cypriere Bayou” and “Bayou Bodyguard” bring character epiphany to a fine art.

Ms. DeLeon’s work is classified as romantic mystery, with a touch of paranormal, and she deftly manages these disparate elements in a unique and subtle way.

Romance has a short shelf life, and these may already be off the shelf as new books, but if you can find them I think you will enjoy the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment