Saturday, January 21, 2012

It’s nearly done! I’m so excited!


            I’ve been working for quite some time on the text of an e-book [which I may eventually make available in print form, also] on tips for the “layperson” writer who must write the occasional business document.

            A combination of the style of the writing and other commitments has made the process slower than I would have liked.

            And it won’t be entirely wrapped up until I am satisfied with the text and the same fellow who designed my professional services website puts it together with cover art and some reproducible forms in the first Appendix, and he is only available on weekends. 

            I’m not sure I’ll make it this weekend, but definitely will next weekend if not.

            But . . . I’m so excited!  It’s almost done.  I did my last round of changes and wrote up some sample documents that last round of changes that had been giving me trouble.

            Pretty much all I have left to do is add one reference to the References section [there are only three], which I’ll probably do right after posting this blog entry since I saw the book handy.  And . . . write my Conclusion chapter.

            10 Keys to Effective Business Writing: Techniques for Writing Everyday Business Documents does what it can to make the rather dry topic of business documents a little more interesting.

            It has horses, helicopters, and a lovely luncheon menu . . . along with some humor . . . mixed into the very practical advice on building an effective business document.

            I’m thrilled that this project is just about done!

            Likely release:  one week from this coming Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment