Saturday, December 1, 2012

Five Ways to Beat Writer's Block


Here are five tips to curtail writer's block:


1.   Write about the pen or pencil you are holding.  This works
especially well if you get a souvenir pen from a tourist area with
peices that slide around inside.  Now you have both the slider and the
tourist location to write about!


2.    Use a Scripture study guidebook to give you a writing prompt, and
write your response to it.


3.    Write a little about the last book you read:  a book review or a
contemplation.


4.    Write an unsent letter to a friend.  Even better, write an unsent
letter to an enemy [real or imagined.]

5.    Write a letter to a (real or imagined) confessor:  write about
what has gone wrong in your life.





Hopefully, I can do more of these types entries in the days coming up,
also.

1 comment:

  1. Another way to beat writer's block is when you're desperately procrastinating doing something else that also needs to be done. I find I'm much more prolific in working on my novel when I have a blog post I want to get done, and vice versa. And not wanting to clean the bathroom does wonders for one's creativity.

    ReplyDelete