Saturday, December 24, 2011

I’m brand new to blogging . . . well: kinda, sorta anyway . . .


I hope visitors with an interest in writing services will forgive errors in the first few posts while I’m figuring out the Blogger software.  I caught one in my first post, where I put an extra “three” in discussing my sub-niche areas.  I couldn’t figure out the post-publication editing system to fix it.

But, as to the writing nature of blogging . . . I’ve read it about it for ages, now.  And as I  understand it, it basically breaks down to writing journal-style to share online with folks interested in your topic.

That being the case, I’ve been writing in this manner for longer than I’m going to admit to.  Suffice it to say, I’ve been keeping a journal since my undergraduate years “long ago and far away.”  I’ve amassed volumes of such writings.

That being so, although I still keep my personal journals in longhand, I found the act of writing these blog posts very easy.  Nearly too easy, in fact.  Too much  like journaling, in which I don’t concern myself about the kind of errors that I missed in my introductory post. 

I’ll try to do better in the future.

Personal journaling among writers has somewhat fallen out of favor, and I find that rather too bad.  It’s a time-honored tradition for recognized writers and something I think today’s writers who avoid it miss out on considerable skills building by way of using a journal.

Such journals can incorporate long gaps of time between entries, at least at certain times.  But having a personal journal in progress, preferably in longhand writing, can add considerable dimension to a writer’s overall experience of the writing life.

And, since I’m trying to tie writing and business together in this blog as much as possible, I’ve also seen published reports on the value of journaling in the context of making on-the-job managerial decisions as well as in speeding up a job search for some job seekers, also.

For more information on the pertinence of business writing in today’s commerce market, visit my professional website at:

No comments:

Post a Comment