Sunday, February 26, 2012

I've Got Wheels Again!

I’ve Got Wheels Again!

I’ll be doing another post at some point, hopefully today, as to a more complete view of what has kept me from posting to this blog regularly in the past few weeks.  I had thought it was only two weeks, but on finally posting something yesterday, I realized it was just about a month and I never intended for it to go that far.

There were three or four different factors involved, but in all cases an element of that involved that I had a deadline . . . essentially today, Sunday, February 26th, to resolve any “loose ends” matters, since I will be working on-site full-time starting tomorrow for anywhere from four to six months. 

The biggest consideration in that regard was obtaining a viable vehicle.  My previous car did not pass its September inspection and it was a matter of too much wrong to put the repair money into a 1995 vehicle rather than just a brake light or something.

I’ve been pretty much scrambling since then to find a vehicle I could affordably acquire.  I have had one for just over three weeks, now, but then there was all the follow-up detail to take care of such as trip to the insurance company, trip to the registry, and the new owner inspection.

I also had some minor hitches in learning my way around a vehicle with a very different set of controls than I had had in my previous vehicle.

The good news is I do have a vehicle now, it passed inspection without a hitch, and I’m roadworthy again.

This wasn’t the only distraction from keeping up with the blog, but it was one of them.

A big one.




No comments:

Post a Comment